Notifications
Clear all

Going to church during Covid  

RSS

Robert
(@running_admin)
Member Admin
14/07/2020 4:44 pm  

I'm curious about what others are experiencing at their churches these days. Are people showing up? Are you required to wear masks? What has changed in the service?

In my church, masks are highly recommended but not required. Every other pew is roped off and the sanctuary is sanitized in between services. During the service, the greeting time is completely skipped and everyone is encouraged to walk straight out the door after the service has concluded. 

10s3r
(@10s3r)
14/07/2020 9:58 pm  
Posted by: @running_admin

I'm curious about what others are experiencing at their churches these days. Are people showing up? Are you required to wear masks? What has changed in the service?

In my church, masks are highly recommended but not required. Every other pew is roped off and the sanctuary is sanitized in between services. During the service, the greeting time is completely skipped and everyone is encouraged to walk straight out the door after the service has concluded. 

One church I attended had services outdoors like the old 'drive-in' theaters. Then my friend and I have been going to a local Catholic Church that we really like. We have to make 'reservations' but even if we don't they are able to seat anyone.  We must wear a mask and there's plenty of hand sanitizer.  

I'm a bit disgruntled with Christians right now because so many of them judge and condemn me, and say I'm not a Christian because I'm non-trinitarian.  So I may take a break from Church for a while.

ReplyQuote
Robert
(@running_admin)
Member Admin
15/07/2020 9:51 am  

@10s3r If you're non-trinitarian, the Catholic Church is probably not the place for you 😆. I ran into a oneness "Apostolic" pentecostal at a conference recently. He accused the Catholic Church of having "invented" the doctrine of the Trinity and forcing everyone to believe it.

Sorry that people judge you for this. I have met a few non-trinitarians who seem to be very sincere in their faith and present very compelling reasons from the Bible to back up their views.  

ReplyQuote
Jeffersonwmabry
(@jeffersonwmabry)
14/11/2020 1:24 am  

My dear brothers and sisters. There are so many things that fragment the church today. There is only one body of believers. Rom 12:5 If I disagree with another over doctrine and I believe I am correct then I should make my case using God's word to try to persuade my brother or sister IN LOVE not allowing  anger or bitterness to drive us apart. And in humility asking God to show us how to understand His message 

ReplyQuote
Share: